M13 and Young Dads
Dads are really important when it comes to raising children. We see time and time again that involving the dads and listening to them can have a huge, positive impact on the lives of their children, partner and even future partners. We know that the best future for a child is where parents work together with the child's interest their first priority. Conferences and meetings with professionals rightly focus on what is best for the child, but what is also best for the child is for the child to have both parents engaged in the process, with the proviso, always, that this is safe for child and mother.
The M13 Young Dads' Project offers support to young dads on their journey through fatherhood
We're able to offer a variety of support to young men aged 21 and under, who are fathers, expectant fathers or taking on the role of a father, including:
- emotional support around fathering
- practical support around issues such as employment, education, health, training, housing, relationships and anything else you believe is a barrier to you being the dad you want to be
- activities planned together with workers to help meet your emotional and well-being needs
- opportunities to enhance your parenting skills
- connecting you to other relevant services
- advocacy for young fathers in Manchester
We run weekly one-to-one sessions at varoius locations around Manchester.
We provide advocacy and support in meetings with other professionals (case conferences).
We provide opportunities for you to meet other young dads.
For further information contact:
Des Oakley: 07921 214017
Robert McFarlane: 07593 445123